Note: This model has been largely phased out as Peplink has launched Primecare versions of the Transit which are priced more competitively with additional features. We recommend the following models:
A true powerhouse for the mobile worker who isn't messing around. The Peplink Pepwave Max Transit LTE-Advanced (we'll call it the Transit to keep things simple) is a serious mobile router for the advanced user. This unit is capable of connecting to AT&T, Verizon, Sprint & T-Mobile and with the new Category 6 LTE Advanced modem you're getting support for the latest LTE bands being used and support for many legacy 3G bands as well (see below for details). With simultaneous dual-band wifi you can setup multiple networks for 2Ghz (range) and 5Ghz (speed) within your coach to optimize and load balance your devices based on their needs. The Transit also has an embedded wireless controller letting you add external wireless access points for even larger mobile setups or boats or just to support more simultaneous users (not needed for most users). The Transit's integrated wireless controller manages additional access points like the Wireless AP One from its central management console. Thanks to automatic failover switching and multiple SIM slots with multi-carrier support, you will always be connected while on the road using a single, easy to use device. This router has a max router throughput of 400Mbps making it rated for up to 150 users (or one serious mobile worker).
The Basics/How it Works
The MAX Transit LTE-A is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The Transit LTE-A accepts sim cards directly into its build in cellular modem (one modem, 2 slots) that is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon. The Transit LTE-A has 2 sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach or travel trailer using the units high powered 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2G (long range) and 5G (high speed) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computer/workstations.
You can also utilize the Transit LTE-A's Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The units highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of advanced users while being extremely easy to use for the non-tech users as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation. For mobile use the device can also be powered by the dual micro usb ports that can utilize a portable battery bank to power the MAX Transit LTE-A (both ports must be powered by 2.1A USB power for unit to function).
WIFI-As-WAN & Roof Mounted Wifi Options
The MAX Transit LTE-A supports Wifi-As-Wan out of the box meaning you can pickup wifi signals from hotspots, campgrounds and other sources and rebroadcast them into your coach. The wireless antennas included with the MK2 will pickup these signals. If you are looking for longer range to pickup distant WiFI signals you can add a roof mounted antenna to further improve your ability to pickup campground wifi signals.
What's In the Box?
All hardware and accessories are included to get started with your MAX Transit LTE-A, including two 4G LTE antennas, two Wi-Fi antennas, a GPS antenna and a 12-volt AC power supply. You can also ditch the power supply and run 12v cables directly into the MAX Transit LTE-A for efficient non-inverter installation or power the unit using portable USB battery banks (two micro usb cables providing 2.1a each are required).
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions.
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded LTE, 1 Wired WAN, WiFi as WAN* (more info)
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: 4G LTE (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B7/2600, B8/900GSM , B12/17 700a, B13/700c, B20/800DD, B25/1900+, B26/850+, B29/700d, B30/2300WCS, B41/TD 2500); WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B8/900).
- WiFi Standard: 802.11ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 MIMO
- WiFi Range: 250-300' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as walls and ceilings)
- Ethernet ports:1 GbE LAN + 1 GbE WAN
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included
- Size: 7.3" x 3.8" x 1.3"