If your looking for a rural home or business cellular router solution the Balance 30 is an excellent option. Borrowing an extremely close feature-set to its cousin and our best selling router the Pepwave Max Br1 MK2 the Balance Pro 30 is an impressive router for those needing a USB wan port and/or multiple wired wan ports.
Balance 30 Pro Overview
The Basics/How it Works
The Balance Pro 30 is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The Balance Pro 30 accepts sim cards directly into its build in cellular modem (one modem, 2 slots) that is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon. The Balance 30 has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your home or office using the units high powered 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2G (long range) and 5G (high speed) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computer/workstations.
You can also utilize the Balance 30's 2 WAN or wired internet ports in conjunction with your cellular router plan creating a truly redundant and resilient solution for your home or business. The two WAN ports can be hooked up to a cable modem, DLS modem or fiber internet connection(2) and you can configure advanced outbound routing with a variety of proprietary load balancing algorithms.
The units highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of advanced users while being extremely easy to use for the non-tech users as well. The unit includes an AC adapter for 110v installation.
USB Modem Support
Add an additional cellular modem via the USB port. The USB port will allow you to tether a supported cellular hotpot or USB cellular modem providing added connectivity and allowing for load balancing and outbound prioritization using multiple wired/cellular interfaces.
Need power over ethernet (PoE) support? No problem! The Balance 30 supports power over ethernet with the optional 48v power supply which enables the optional 4x 802.3af POE LAN ports.
Integrated Wireless Controller
Need more wireless coverage or bandwidth density then an integrated wireless can provide? The Balance Pro 30 has an integrated wireless controller which can control external wireless access points like the Pepwave Mini AC access point creating a seamless wireless experience with as much coverage as you want. What is even better is you can power your secondary access points via PoE using the optional PoE Power supply.
What's In the Box?
All hardware and accessories are included to get started with your Pepwave MAX BR1, including two 4G LTE antennas, four Wi-Fi antennas, 6ft wireless extensions with magnetic bases to separate the 4 wireless antennas, and an AC power supply.
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions.
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded LTE Advanced, 2 Wired WAN, 1 USB
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: 4G LTE (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B7/2600, B8/900GSM , B12/17 700a, B13/700c, B20/800DD, B25/1900+, B26/850+, B29/700d, B30/2300WCS, B41/TD 2500); WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B8/900).
- WiFi Standard: 802.11ac/a/b/g/n
- WiFi Range: 250-300' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as walls and ceilings)
- Ethernet ports: 4 GbE LAN + 2 WAN
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included (POE Adapter sold separately)
- Size: 1.6" x 10.2" x 5.6"