Peplink's Classic MAX BR1 (Gen 3) has been hardware refreshed for 2019 and is back and better than ever in a slightly smaller chassis while still packing a lot of punch for full-time RV, marine and mobile use. With Pepwave's LTE-Advanced CAT 6 Cellular modem you can connect to Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and many other carriers using the embedded cellular modem with MIMO support while also connecting to campground/marina Wifi using the modems built in Wifi-As-Wan technology. This is one of the best all around mobile routers for 2019.
The Basics/How it Works
The Pepwave MAX BR1 V3 is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The MAX BR1 V3 accepts sim cards directly into its build in cellular modem (one modem, 2 slots) that is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon. The MAX BR1 V3 has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach or travel trailer using the units high powered 2.4 Ghz WiFi antenna.
You can also utilize the MAX BR1 V3 Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The units highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of advanced users while being extremely easy to use for the non-tech users as well. The unit includes an AC power adapter which can be modified for direct 12-24v DC input for inverter free operation.
WIFI-As-WAN & Roof Mounted Wifi Options
The MAX BR1 V3 supports Wifi-As-Wan out of the box meaning you can pickup wifi signals from hotspots, campgrounds and other sources and rebroadcast them into your coach. The wireless antenna included with the MAX BR1 V3 will pickup these signals. If you are looking for longer range to pickup distant WiFI signals you can add a roof to further improve your ability to pickup campground wifi signals. We recommend the 5-in-1 Poynting MIMO-3 Roof Antenna which pairs perfectly with the MAX BR1 V3.
What's In the Box?
All hardware and accessories are included to get started with your Pepwave MAX BR1 V3, including two 4G LTE antennas, Wi-Fi antenna, GPS antenna and a 12-volt AC power supply.
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions.
- Support for PPPoE, Static IP, DHCP
- WAN Link Health Check
- Bandwidth Allowance Monitor
- Support for Dynamic DNS services
- WAN Port Convertible into LAN Port
- DHCP Server for LAN Clients
- Extended DHCP Option
- DHCP Reservation
- DNS Proxy for LAN Clients
- VLAN on LAN Support
- NAT and IP Forwarding
- Static Routes
- Port Forwarding
- Many to One, One to One NAT
- NAT Pool
- SIP ALG, H.323 ALG
- UPnP, NAT-PMP
- Stateful Firewall
- DoS Prevention
- Web Blocking
- Package Content (BR1 Classic)
- MAX BR1
- 12V2A 4-Pin Power Supply (ACW-632)
- 1x 5dBi Wi-Fi Antenna (2.4G) (ACW-304)
- 1x GPS Antenna (ACW-232)
- 2x 2dBi 4G LTE Antennas (4G LTE)