Our best selling mobile router in 2019 for the mobile power user. The Peplink Pepwave Max BR1 MK2 LTE-Advanced (we'll call it the MK2 LTE-A to keep things simple) is the latest generation router in the popular Pepwave BR1 series, offering advanced features and rock-solid reliability at the heart of your mobile internet/connectivity solution.
In addition to 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi, this router has a built-in North America 3G/4G/LTE modem that supports major cellular data providers throughout North America. This includes carriers in the USA and Canada. The new LTE-A modem has support for the latest LTE bands being utilized by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint while still providing limited 3G support for legacy networks. Thanks to automatic failover switching and multiple SIM slots with multi-carrier support, you will always be connected while on the road using a single, easy to use device without needing a hotspot or tethering of any kind.
The Basics/How it Works
The MK2 is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The MK2 has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach or travel trailer using the units high powered 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2ghz (long-range) and 5ghz (high speed) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computer/workstations.
You can also utilize the MK2 LTE-A's Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load-balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial-grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The units highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of power users while being extremely easy to use for the nontechnical as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw-down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation.
WIFI-As-WAN & Roof Mounted Wifi Options
The MK2 supports Wifi-As-Wan out of the box meaning you can pick up wifi signals from hotspots, campgrounds, and other sources to rebroadcast them into your coach. The wireless antennas included with the MK2 will pick up these signals. If you are looking for a longer range option to pick up distant WiFI signals you can add a roof-mounted antenna to further improve your ability to pick up campground wifi signals.
What's In the Box?
All hardware and accessories are included to get started with your Pepwave MAX BR1, including two 4G LTE antennas, two Wi-Fi antennas, a GPS antenna, and a 12-volt AC power supply. You can also ditch the power supply and run 12v cables directly into the MK2 for efficient non-inverter installation.
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded LTE, 1 Wired WAN, WiFi as WAN*
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: 4G LTE (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B7/2600, B8/900GSM , B12/17 700a, B13/700c, B20/800DD, B25/1900+, B26/850+, B29/700d, B30/2300WCS, B41/TD 2500); WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ (B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B8/900)
- WiFi Standard: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2x2 MIMO
- WiFi Range: 250-300' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as walls and ceilings)
- Ethernet Ports: 1 x 10/100/1000 LAN + 1 x 10/100/1000 WAN (WAN port can be configured as a second LAN if desired)
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included
- Size: 5.8" x 5.0" x 1.6"