Pepwave's new MAX BR1 now has 5G! This unit comes in Pepwave's new chassis, latest Cat 20 5G ready modem, dual-band wifi 6, WiFi as Wan and more.
The Basics/How it Works
The BR1 5G is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The BR1 5G has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach or travel trailer using the units high powered WIFI 6, 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2ghz (long-range) and 5ghz (high speed) wireless connectivity that now takes advantage of the latest WIFI 6 technology with much faster throughput then its predecessor while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computer/workstations.
You can also utilize the BR1 5G LTE-A's Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load-balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial-grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The unit's highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of power users while being extremely easy to use for the non-technical as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw-down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation.
WIFI-As-WAN & Roof Mounted Wifi Options
The BR1 5G supports Wifi-As-Wan out of the box meaning you can pick up wifi signals from hotspots, campgrounds, and other sources to rebroadcast them into your coach. The wireless antennas included with the MK2 will pick up these signals. If you are looking for a longer range option to pick up distant WiFI signals you can add a roof-mounted antenna to further improve your ability to pick up campground wifi signals.
What's In the Box?
All hardware and accessories are included to get started with your Pepwave MAX BR1 5G, including four 5G/4G LTE antennas, two Wi-Fi antennas, a GPS antenna, and a 12-volt AC power supply. You can also ditch the power supply and run 12v cables directly into the BR1 5G for efficient non-inverter installation.
Setup & Training Options
MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor-Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions
- 1x 10/100/1000/2500M Ethernet1
- 1x 5G Modem with Redudant SIM Slot
- 2x 10/100/1000M Ethernet
- Simultaneous Dual-Band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) Wi-Fi 6, 2X2 MIMO
- Wi-Fi WAN
- Load Balancing/Failover Ignition Sensing
- 1Gbps Router throughput
- Speed Fusion - Hot Failover, WAN Smoothing Bandwidthing Bonding
- 5G Cellular Data Rate: 2Gbps down, 150 Mbps
- Size: 4.93 x 5.79 x 1.14 inches / 125 x 147 x 23 mm
What's in the Box
- 1x MAX BR1 5G
- 1x 12V 2A 4-Pin Power Supply 4x Cellular Antennas
- 2x Wi-Fi Antennas
- 1x GPS Active Antenna
5G (NSA) Sub 6Ghz: n1, n2, n3, n5, n28, n41, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79
5G (SA) Sub 6Ghz: n77, n78, n79
Bands: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B29, B30, B32, B34, B38, B39, B40, B41, B42, B46, B48, B66, B71