The Pepwave Max Transit PrimeCare Router with CAT 20 5G Modem modem is the latest generation router in the popular Pepwave TST series, offering advanced features and rock-solid reliability at the heart of your mobile internet/connectivity solution.
In addition to 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi, this router has a built-in Global 5G/LTE CAT-20 modem with 4x4 MIMO Cellular (4 cellular antennas) that supports major cellular data providers throughout the world. Thanks to automatic failover switching and multiple SIM slots with multi-carrier support, you will always be connected while on the road using a single, easy to use device without needing a hotspot or tethering of any kind.
The Basics/How it Works
The Transit 5G is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The Transit 5G has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach, yacht, travel trailer or rural home using the units high powered 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2ghz (long-range) and 5ghz (high speed) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computer/workstations.
The Transit 5G also has a Wireless Controller built into the unit allowing for management of external wireless access points for larger wireless deployments. While you can use external access points with modems that do not have an integrated controller setup and configuration is more complicated so we encourage customers who are interested in adding additional access points to look at the Transit Series for this purpose.
You can also utilize the TransitTransit 5G LTE-A's Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load-balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial-grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The units highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of power users while being extremely easy to use for the nontechnical as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw-down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation.
The Transit 5G comes with a 1 year license to PrimeCare as part of your initial purchase. PrimeCare entitles you to steep discounts on hardware, warranty support, centralized cloud management of your device anywhere in the world, unlimited SpeedFusion and SpeedFusion Hub licenses. Licensing PrimeCare beyond year one can be purchased now (options above) or at a later date. Should you wish to not renew your PrimeCare licensing your Transit 5G will continue to function however your hardware warranty, InControl Cloud Management & SpeedFusion licenses will no longer function.
We recommend pairing the Transit Series of cellular routers with our Parsec Husky Roof Antenna which provides 4 cellular antennas, 2 wifi antennas, and 1 GPS antenna in a single roof mountable solution available in a standard or magnet mount on our store. This antennas has 600mhz and 5G support making it an ideal paring for this modem. An excellent pairing for extending cellular coverage and performance while also providing you with an excellent range on the use of Campground Wifi using the Wifi-as-WAN feature. More information below under the WiFi-as-WAN section.
WIFI-As-WAN & Roof Mounted Wifi Options
The Transit 5G supports Wifi-As-Wan out of the box meaning you can pick up wifi signals from hotspots, campgrounds, and other sources to rebroadcast them into your coach. The wireless antennas included with the Transit 5G will pick up these signals. If you are looking for a longer range option to pick up distant WiFi signals you can add a 7-in-1 antenna like the one listed above for better WIFI-AS-WAN performance
What's In the Box?
All hardware and accessories are included to get started with your Pepwave Transit 5G, including 4x 4G LTE antennas, two Wi-Fi antennas, a GPS antenna, and a 12-volt AC power supply. You can also ditch the power supply and run 12v cables directly into the Transit 5G for efficient non-inverter installation.
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions
- Internet Connections Supported: 1 Embedded cat 20 LTE, 1 Wired WAN, WiFi as WAN
- Networks Supported for Embedded Modem: 5G (NSA) Sub 6Ghz: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38, n41, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79 4G Bands: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B9, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B29, B30, B32, B34, B38, B39, B40, B41, B42, B46, B48, B66, B71
- WiFi Standard: 802.11ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 MIMO
- WiFi Range: 250-300' through walls, much greater unobstructed (variable depending on interference from other electronics and physical interference such as walls and ceilings)
- Ethernet ports:1 GbE LAN + 1 GbE WAN
- Power Supply: AC Adapter included
- Size: 7.3" x 3.8" x 1.3"
- Speedfusion Bonding License Included Under Primecare. Unit only has one modem so bonding will work with cellular modem and Wifi-As-Wan or Wired Internet only.