The Pepwave Max Transit PrimeCare Router with CAT 18 LTE-Advanced Pro modem is now bundled with Parsec Husky Pro 7 - 7-in-1 5G Antenna for those who are really serious about connectivity on the road. This bundle is an excellent fit for those who need to stay connected and want to increase reliability by adding multiple cellular carriers to their mobile arsenal while pairing a top-performing roof antenna for exceptional performance for both cellular and wifi networks.
In addition to 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi, this router has a built-in Global 3G/4G/LTE CAT-18 modem with 4x4 MIMO Cellular (4 cellular antennas) that supports major cellular data providers throughout the world. This includes carriers in the USA and Canada as well as countries around the world (specific bands listed below). The new LTE-A modem has support for the latest LTE bands being utilized by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint. Thanks to automatic failover switching and multiple SIM slots with multi-carrier support, you will always be connected while on the road using a single, easy to use device without needing a hotspot or tethering of any kind.
Pairing the Pepwave Transit Cat 18 with our Parsec Husky Pro 7 - 7-in-1 5G Antenna provides you with a central internet command center capable of using cellular connections & campground WiFi or a combination of the two. This works while allowing you to receive more powerful cellular & WiFi signals from the included rooftop antenna. This latest generation Parsec roof antenna has 600mhz and 5G support. This translates to one of our most reliable and trouble-free internet solutions with maximum throughput for those who don't want to spend time fussing with their connections or who cannot afford the downtime associated with a single cellular carrier.
The Parsec Husky Series antennas are high-performance, IP67-rated, 5G Capable (600 MHz – 6 GHz) antennas. This antenna variant features 4 cellular antennas, 2 wireless antennas, and 1 GPS antenna making it a perfect match for our Pepwave Transit DUO. The Parsec Husky antenna is 10.75 inches in diameter with a height profile of approximately 2.25 inches off (5.5 inches for the magnet version) the roof making it compact but also large enough to be a top performer with one of the highest gain ratings in the market. In our 2020 testing this antenna routinely performed higher than all other options with a 5-10db gain increase against the competition. Yes its more expensive and yes its worth it. 10db is ~1000% more cellular signal, this is a serious roof antenna!
The Basics/How it Works
The Transit Cat18 is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The Transit Cat18 has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach, yacht, travel trailer, or rural home using the units high powered 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2ghz (long-range) and 5ghz (high speed) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computers/workstations.
You can also utilize the Transit Cat18 LTE-A's Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load-balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial-grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The unit's highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of power users while being extremely easy to use for the non-technical as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw-down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation.
Roof Mounted 7-in-1 Antenna
This kit includes our Parsec Husky Pro 7 - 7-in-1 5G Antenna which pairs perfectly with the Pepwave Transit Cat-18. The 7-in-1 antenna has 4 cellular antennas, 2 WiFi antennas, and a GPS antenna. The cellular antennas provide 4x4 MIMO cellular connectivity for the cat 18 modem (4 cell antennas total) and a 10-12 dB max cellular gain increase the gain in the modem of the Pepwave Transit Cat 18 all in a convenient roof mountable package. Parsec Husky Pro 7 - 7-in-1 5G antenna is designed for metal roof installations but can be used on fiberglass or rubber roofs WITHOUT the optional grounding plane based on manufacture guidelines. The roof antenna has 7ft or 15ft cable leads from the antenna. The antenna is designed for a top-down installation but does have wall mount and pole mounting options with an adapter from Parsec. The antenna includes 2 wifi antennas ensuring you can pick up campground or other public wifi as well as connect to your own private WiFi when roaming outside of your RV. Last the GPS antenna provides you with location information on your RV acting as a Lo-Jack.
What's In the Box?
- Pepwave Transit Cat 18 Primecare Edition Celluar Mobile Router, AC Power Supply, & Stubby 2db Gain Antennas for Portable Use. Additional Router Specifications
- Parsec Husky Pro 7 - 7-in-1 5G Antenna. The antenna includes 4x cellular antennas, 2x 2.4ghz/5.8ghz WiFi antennas, and a GPS antenna. See more here.
- Fused DC Power Cable allowing you to hook up the bundle directly to 12v power without the need for an inverter or shore power
- RP-SMA to SMA Adapters to adapt your roof antenna's WiFI cables to the Pepwave Mobile Router
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor-Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions.
The Transit Cat 18 comes with a 1-year license to PrimeCare as part of your initial purchase. PrimeCare entitles you to steep discounts on hardware, warranty support, centralized cloud management of your device anywhere in the world, SpeedFusion, and SpeedFusion Hub licenses. Licensing PrimeCare beyond year one can be purchased now (options above) or at a later date. Should you wish to not renew your PrimeCare licensing your Transit Duo will continue to function however your hardware warranty, InControl Cloud Management & SpeedFusion licenses will expire.