**Please check above. Items stating "in stock" will ship immediately. Items showing "pre-order" will ship when the items required are back in stock. For items in "pre-order" the date listed above is the most current estimate from the manufacturer on when we will ship these items for new orders. If you previously placed an order the date shown at time of purchase should still be accurate. You have the option to change your shipping address for items on pre-order. This option is available at checkout. This means we will reach out to you for a new address before shipping to ensure you can get your items at your new location if you are on the road. We provide this service free of charge. If you have any questions please reach out to us via email or chat below**
The Pepwave Max Transit PrimeCare Router with CAT 18 LTE-Advanced Pro modem is the latest generation router in the popular Pepwave TST series, offering advanced features and rock-solid reliability at the heart of your mobile internet/connectivity solution.
In addition to 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi, this router has a built-in Global 3G/4G/LTE CAT-18 modem with 4x4 MIMO Cellular (4 cellular antennas) that supports major cellular data providers throughout the world. This includes carriers in the USA and Canada as well as countries around the world (specific bands listed below). The new LTE-A modem has support for the latest LTE bands being utilized by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint. Thanks to automatic failover switching and multiple SIM slots with multi-carrier support, you will always be connected while on the road using a single, easy to use device without needing a hotspot or tethering of any kind.The Basics/How it Works
The Transit Cat18 is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The Transit Cat18 has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach, yacht, travel trailer or rural home using the units high powered 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2ghz (long-range) and 5ghz (high speed) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computer/workstations.
You can also utilize the Transit Cat18 LTE-A's Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load-balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial-grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The units highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of power users while being extremely easy to use for the nontechnical as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw-down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation.
The Transit CAT 18 comes with a 1 year license to PrimeCare as part of your initial purchase. PrimeCare entitles you to steep discounts on hardware, warranty support, centralized cloud management of your device anywhere in the world, unlimited SpeedFusion and SpeedFusion Hub licenses. Licensing PrimeCare beyond year one can be purchased now (options above) or at a later date. Should you wish to not renew your PrimeCare licensing your Transit Cat 18 will continue to function however your hardware warranty, InControl Cloud Management & SpeedFusion licenses will no longer function.
Roof Mounted 7-in-1 Antenna
This kit includes our Poynting 7-in-1 Roof Antenna which pairs with the Pepwave Transit Cat 18. The 7-in-1 antenna has 4 cellular antennas, 2 WiFi antennas and a GPS antenna. The cellular antennas provide 2x2 MIMO cellular connectivity and a 5-6 db max cellular gain increase to each of the 2 cellular modems in the Pepwave Transit Cat 18 all in a convenient roof mountable package. The antenna includes 2 wifi antennas ensuring you can pickup campground or other public wifi as well as connect to your own private WiFi when roaming outside of your RV. Last the GPS antenna provides you with location information on your RV acting as a Lo-Jack.
** NOTE: Poynting antennas do not perform as well as other antennas in the 600-690mhz range. As such if you are using or thinking about using T-Mobile's Band 71 we recommend you look at the Speed Demon + bundle. **
What's In the Box?
- Pepwave Transit CAT 18 Primecare FirstNET Edition Cellular Mobile Router, AC Power Supply, & Stubby 2db Gain Antennas for Portable Use. Additional Router Specifications
- Poynting 7-in-1 Roof Mountable Antenna with down or rear cable exit options and 6.8FT of included cable for installation flexibility. Antenna includes 4x cellular antennas, 2x 2.4ghz/5.8ghz WiFi antennas and a GPS antenna. Magnetic mount options are also available as well as a 3 meter cable extension option above. Additional Antenna Specifications
- Fused DC Power Cable allowing you to hook up the bundle directly to 12v power without the need for an inverter or shore power
- RP-SMA to SMA Adapters to adapt your roof antenna's WiFI cables to the Pepwave Mobile Router
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions.
The Transit Cat 18 FirstNet PrimeCare Edition features embedded CAT-18 Cellular modem that are firstNet ready. FirstNet is the nationwide public safety communications platform dedicated to Americaís first responders. Being built with AT&T, in a public-private partnership with the FirstNet Authority, FirstNet utilizes band-14, which is reserved for public safety but is also being marketed as available to the public for additional bandwidth capacity. In theory, band 14 support for AT&T customers can provide additional coverage in more rural areas and additional speed as well and CAT-18 modem also brings additional band support for other carriers as well. Additional information can be found in this article from our friends at the RV Mobile Internet Resource Center