The Pepwave Max Transit PrimeCare Router with CAT 18 LTE-Advanced Pro modem is now bundled with MobileMark's high-performance LTMWG942 5G Series 7-in-1 mobile roof antenna for those who are really serious about connectivity on the road. This bundle is an excellent fit for those who need to stay connected and want to increase reliability by adding multiple cellular carriers to their mobile arsenal while pairing a top-performing roof antenna for exceptional performance for both cellular and wifi networks.
In addition to 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi, this router has a built-in Global 3G/4G/LTE CAT-18 modem with 4x4 MIMO Cellular (4 cellular antennas) that supports major cellular data providers throughout the world. This includes carriers in the USA and Canada as well as countries around the world (specific bands listed below). The new LTE-A modem has support for the latest LTE bands being utilized by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint. Thanks to automatic failover switching and multiple SIM slots with multi-carrier support, you will always be connected while on the road using a single, easy to use device without needing a hotspot or tethering of any kind.
The Basics/How it Works
The Transit Cat18 is a complete mobile internet solution for travelers who are looking to use Cellular data as their primary mode of staying connected. The Transit Cat18 has two sim slots allowing you to load this router with multiple sim cards from multiple carriers allowing you to select which sim/carrier is in use by the modem. The signal from your cellular connection is then re-broadcasted wirelessly inside your coach, yacht, travel trailer, or rural home using the units high powered 802.11ac/a/n and 802.11b/g/n 2x2 MIMO WiFi antennas. You get powerful 2ghz (long-range) and 5ghz (high speed) wireless connectivity while also getting wired ethernet ports for your most demanding devices like VOIP phones or desktop computers/workstations.
You can also utilize the Transit Cat18 LTE-A's Wifi-As-Wan functionality to connect to campground wifi in addition to utilizing the cellular modem. For the advanced user, you can load-balance multiple connections (advanced feature) allowing you to utilize wireless/wired and cellular connections simultaneously. Truly an industrial-grade, mobile workhorse for the serious travel enthusiast.
The unit's highly customizable web interface supports a variety of advanced routing features and will satisfy the needs of power users while being extremely easy to use for the nontechnical as well. The unit accepts 12v inputs (bare wire screw-down terminals) or you can use the included AC adapter for 110v installation.
The Transit Cat 18 comes with a 1-year license to PrimeCare as part of your initial purchase. PrimeCare entitles you to steep discounts on hardware, warranty support, centralized cloud management of your device anywhere in the world. Should you wish to not renew your PrimeCare licensing your Transit Cat 18 will continue to function however your hardware warranty, InControl Cloud Management licenses will no longer function.
Roof Mounted 7-in-1 Antenna
This kit includes our MobileMark 7-in-1 5G Roof Antenna which pairs perfectly with the Pepwave Transit Cat 18. The 7-in-1 antenna has 4 cellular antennas, 2 WiFi antennas, and a GPS antenna. The cellular antennas provide 2x2 MIMO cellular connectivity and a 5-6 db max cellular gain increase to each of the 2 cellular modems in the Pepwave Transit Cat 18 all in a convenient roof mountable package. The antenna includes 2 wifi antennas ensuring you can pickup campground or other public wifi as well as connect to your own private WiFi when roaming outside of your RV. Last, the GPS antenna provides you with location information on your RV acting as a Lo-Jack. This antenna has been upgraded to support the lower 600mhz range which picks up T-Mobiles new Band 71, rural 5G. Meaning if you plan to use TMobile as a option for your hotspot, this antenna, and router pairing supports TMobile '5G' network.
WIFI-As-WAN & Roof Mounted Wifi Options
The Transit Cat18 supports Wifi-As-Wan out of the box meaning you can pick up wifi signals from hotspots, campgrounds, and other sources to rebroadcast them into your coach. The wireless antennas included with the Transit Cat18 will pick up these signals.
What's In the Box?
- Pepwave Transit Cat 18 Primecare FirstNET Edition Cellular Mobile Router, AC Power Supply, & Stubby 2db Gain Antennas for Portable Use. Additional Router Specifications
- MobileMark 7-in-1 Roof Mountable Antenna with down or rear cable exit options and 7 FT of included cable for installation flexibility. Antenna includes 4x cellular antennas, 2x 2.4ghz/5.8ghz WiFi antennas and a GPS antenna. See more here.
- Fused DC Power Cable allowing you to hook up the bundle directly to 12v power without the need for an inverter or shore power
- RP-SMA to SMA Adapters to adapt your roof antenna's WiFI cables to the Pepwave Mobile Router
Setup & Training Options
New for 2021, MobileMustHave now has 2 revised setup options. Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to mobile internet and would like assistance, we have you covered. Below are our 2 setup options selectable above at checkout.
- Do-It-Yourself Setup – Once your order ships, detailed instructions will be emailed to your inbox complete with detailed installation guides for both mobile routers and roof antenna installations. Use our self-help installation guide to get from box to surfing the web in no time. What’s best is the cost. Free!!!
- Instructor Led Setup & Training Class – Get personalized setup and training for your new mobile internet solution. Our team will help you get the unit online and will remotely configure common settings so that you can begin using the internet without having to break out the instructions manuals and learn tech talk. We will update the device to the latest secure firmware, setup your WIFI and passwords and give your wifi a unique name of your choice. We will then verify the unit is functioning properly and setup remote access to your new mobile router through Peplink's secure Cloud Management Portal. You will then have access to live instructor led classes to review all of the basics on how to use your new mobile internet solution. All classes include a question-and-answer session to ensure all of your questions are answered and you can always return after a few weeks and attend a second class if you have more questions.
The Transit Cat 18 comes with a 1 year license to PrimeCare as part of your initial purchase. This includes warranty support, centralized cloud management of your device anywhere in the world, unlimited SpeedFusion and SpeedFusion Hub licenses. Licensing PrimeCare beyond year one can be purchased now (options above) or at a later date. Should you wish to not renew your PrimeCare licensing your Transit Cat 18 will continue to function however your hardware warranty, InControl Cloud Management & SpeedFusion licenses will expire.
The Transit Cat 18
FirstNet PrimeCare Edition features an embedded CAT-18 Cellular modems that are firstNet ready. FirstNet is the nationwide public safety communications platform dedicated to America's first responders. Being built with AT&T, in public-private partnership with the FirstNet Authority, FirstNet utilizes band-14, which is reserved for public safety but is also being marketed as available to the public for additional bandwidth capacity. In theory, band 14 support for AT&T customers can provide additional coverage in more rural areas and additional speed as well and CAT-12 modems also bring additional band support for other carriers as well. Additional information can be found in this article from our friends at the RV Mobile Internet Resource Center